Monday, October 31, 2011

The plan for the remainder of 2011

There are a few things brewing for me when it comes to conventions for 2012. There is talk about a local Pop Culture Convention  that would be a major breath of fresh air for this stagnant area we live in.

Hopefully it will happen as after talking to the person who is spearheading this proposal. This has a great feeling of DYI and just a day of massive fun.

The second is a bit different, I received an email from the promoter of a new Sci-Fi and Horror convention in Johnstown, PA in May 2012. I am debating on this one at this time and will really depend on finances at the start of the new year if this one will be a go or not.

The signing at Planet X Comics yesterday went great. Sold a few books and had a good time with Tim and Kim Fling, if you ever make it to York PA, stop there and they will take care of you (and buy more of my stuff since they stock all of the DMP in-print catalog).

For the remainder of 2011 and probably the first quarter of 2012 will see very little production from me as I will be continuing to work on the two Sulfur Books and re-writing Free Weapons and The Innocents. I may post some short stories here and there as well.

In sad news, The Twisted Library had to halt production of their upcoming anthologies including "Zombology 3" that was to feature my story "The Filthy Rotten". The rights have converted ack to me and I'm debating if i want to shop it around as is or turn it into a novella or novel. This was the first story I was actually proud of and I still feel that this is my strongest work I have done (and it was written back in 2008!). The other anthology I have a story in "Rapid Decomposition" is still being released but has not been given a release date at this time.

My first novel "Bakersfield" continues to be transcribed and once the first draft is fully transcribed, I will start on second draft. This is scheduled to be a trilogy.

Here is what is on my plate:
Sulfur: Protocol 42 (novel) @ 3k of 80k written 1st draft (high priority)
Sulfur: The Last Family (novel) @ 5k of 75k written 1st draft (high priority)
Free Weapons (comic book ongoing) Plotting first arc (low priority)
The Innocents (comic book mini-series) 1st draft of script written (mid priority)
Bakersfield (novel) 60k of 60k written 1st draft (high priority)

 That is all for now, if you have any questions , drop me an email DMP_Jay (@) deafmutepress.com

Jay!

I am not accepting any submissions at this time. I have decided to focus on my own work and will not be publishing other writers/artists at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment